How do I open an account?
You can easily open your earn.bank accounts online.
How long does it take to open an account?
Opening an account can be done in as little as 5 minutes. You can start the application on your desktop, tablet, or mobile phone and complete at your leisure.
How do I fund my new account?
Take advantage of your new premium interest rate. There are a few ways you can deposit funds into your account. Choose the option that works best for you:
1. Wire transfer: If you want to transfer funds from an external bank account, visit our wire instructions page. It provides the information you need to give your sending financial institution.
2. Scan your deposit: Deposit checks anytime, anywhere from your mobile phone using the earn.bank mobile banking app which is a free service for customers with earn.bank Money Market Accounts. Make sure the check is endorsed and made payable to you. You must place a restrictive endorsement on the back of the check: "Mobile Deposit only at earn.bank" , your endorsement and your account number. Download the app today:
3. Mail your deposit: Make sure the check is endorsed and made payable to you. You should also write "For deposit only" along with your earn.bank account number on the back. Mail to:
P.O. Box 22881
San Diego, CA 92192
4. Online funds transfer: You can make your opening deposit for your Money Market Account by transferring money from your existing account at another financial institution.
5. ACH Funding: This option allows you to transfer money from an existing account you own at another financial institution. This process may take 2-4 business days for the verification process before your account is funded.
What are your minimum opening balances?
The minimum deposit amount to open a Money Market Account is $100. You must maintain a $10,000 average daily balance to avoid a monthly maintenance fee; otherwise, a $10 fee will be assessed each month after the first 3 months of the account opening..
The minimum deposit amount to open a CD account is $25,000.
How can I deposit money into my Money Market Account?
There are several ways to make deposits to your earn.bank Money Market Account:
- Complete an online transfer from an eligible earn.bank account you own
- Complete an online transfer from your linked external account, which is an account you own at another U.S. financial institution that you have set up with us to use for external transfers
- Deposit a check with earn.bank Mobile Check Deposit using your mobile device*
- Set up Direct Deposit
How can I withdraw money from my earn.bank Money Market Account?
Withdrawals from this account can be completed by transfers to linked external accounts or by a wire transfer request by calling 844-371-EARN (844-371-3276).
You may make unlimited withdrawals and transfers in person at our physical headquarters, by mail, or by courier.
Federal regulation limits you to six transactions per month from among the following:
- Preauthorized transfers
- Telephone or electronic transfers, including instructions sent by facsimile or data transmission
- Online Banking
Are there any fees applicable to my account?
Please refer to our Disclosure of Products and Fees for any applicable fees.
Where can I find your most up-to-date rates?
What is your routing number?
The routing number for earn.bank is 322286803.
Are earn.bank accounts FDIC insured?
Yes, earn.bank is a division of Silvergate Bank, an FDIC insured state chartered financial institution. Deposits are insured by the FDIC up to the maximum allowed by law, with earn.bank and Silvergate Bank treated as the same entity for the purposes of calculating FDIC insurance limits on deposits. Visit fdic.gov/deposit/covered/ for more information about FDIC insurance coverage.
How do I change my CD interest payment method?
To change your interest payment plan, please contact our customer service department.
How do I enroll in Online Banking and Mobile Banking?
Is there a fee to use Online and Mobile Banking?
We do not charge a fee for these services, however your standard mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply.
How can I close my account?
You may request to close your account through one of the following methods:
Send a letter of instruction with an original signature to:
P.O. Box 22881
San Diego, CA 92192
*Wireless carrier data rates may apply. Available for smartphones and iPad tablet devices (iPhone®, iPad®, Android®) Message and Data rates may apply. iPhone® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Android™ is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.